- Seeking Vet Nurse to join our new Vet team at OurVet Shellharbour
- Join a team of pet professionals committed to a Complete Care™ approach
- Supportive environment with a values' driven and family - centric culture
At Our Vet.
When we opened our first clinic in Geelong in 2007 our mission was simple - we want to help pets and pet families live the best life possible.
To achieve this we established a pet super centre that would provide everything a pet parent would need to care for their pet in one convenient location; advice from pet care specialists, a range of products for different pets at different stages of their life, medical and grooming services, a puppy school that could help, a place where I could adopt a pet. Soon we will be opening our 30th Pet SuperCentre. What a period of growth it has been!
OurVet Shellharbour is seeking a new vet nurse to join the team.
We value our Vet Nurses.
At OurVet, we recognise that the success of our clinics is made possible because of the support our vet nurses provide our vets, pet customers & their families and the team.
In turn, we invest in our team seeking to ensure they have rewarding careers where they are able to learn and grow their clinical skills across many activities within our GP small animal practice. We also have developed a unique career pathway program for our nurses that sees them increase their responsibilities and earning potential.
Each day we seek to have our nurses actively contributing to the following:
- Monitoring anaesthesia across routine to complex surgeries
- Assisting with taking samples and using our inhouse lab for pathology
- Attending to our customer enquiries at reception, educating them on the various products available for the health and wellness of pets,
- Ensuring that customers questions are answered, and bookings made
- Administration of clinical notes, including taking TPR and histories
- pre-through to post surgery preparation, monitoring and recovery,
- Nurse consultations and assistance with dental procedures for the more experienced nurse
- discharge (with administration of medication).
As a vet nurse you are known for being:
- A purposeful communicator, someone who can skilfully adapt their style of communication to suit diverse audiences in different settings,
- Resilient, who is able to maintain clarity and confidence in busy and challenging times viewing all opportunities as learnings in refining our approach,
- Diligent, taking pride in your work and seeking to upskill yourself to continually provide the best care possible in every situation,
- A one team collaborator, working with others in a positive and encouraging way that brings about happiness and fulfillment for all
A happy & healthy team
It is our mission to ensure that our people are happy and healthy too.
Happy by offering:
- support in personalised learning & development through an experienced Lead Vet
- Continuous education on the job and comprehensive online learning platform
- access to specialists in the field, such as Hills nights
- a career pathway for you to progress
Healthy by offering:
- a positive & fun workplace where everyone is respected and valued,
- work - life balance, with an even share of days and hours among the team
- Employee Assistance Program support available as required
For more information, contact our Talent Manager Theresa Galea, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0452 237 470.
All applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Agencies are not required to present candidates.