Senior Vet Nurse
- Senior Vet Nurse - OurVet Preston
- Two - time Award Winning 'OurVet Clinic of the Year'
- Unique Vet Nurse Career Pathway Program
- Leadership role with a work - life friendly roster
Best Friends Pets and OurVet have experienced significant and continued growth since opening our flagship Geelong store in 2007.
Over the past thirteen years, the OurVet small animal GP network has expand to over 28 locations nationwide. Along with our growth, we have come to be renown for being a team of professionals who genuinely care for the health and happiness of pets and pet parents, helping both live the best life possible.
Who are OurVet Preston?
OurVet Preston is located a short distance from the busy Northland Shopping Centre. The OurVet clinic is situated in the rear of the Best Friends Pet Super Centre. This clinic is led by an experienced Lead Vet who brings high quality GP veterinary and emergency services. In recognition of this excellence, our Lead Vet along with the team have been accoladed 'OurVet Clinic of the Year' for the past two years for their shining example of the skills, dedication and professionalism we stand for.
Due to the growing demands on this clinic, we have a newly created role in our network of Clinic Lead to come and support our nurses, clients, Lead and Associate Vets.
What does a Clinic Lead contribute to?
The Clinic Lead is responsible for providing veterinary nursing assistance, upholding the Customer Care and OurVet Standards of Care, and supporting the Lead Vet towards the seamless running of the clinic and nurse team day to day. With each day you will:
- attend to the demands of the clinic and ensure the team are meeting daily deliverables, while upholding our Customer Care and OurVet Standards of Care,
- provide clear direction, delegation and remove any obstacles that may impact the team from delivering on daily scheduled activities,
- manage work pressures with confidence & clarity and embrace change with positivity,
- anticipate the needs of multiple stakeholders by understanding internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations and needs,
- proactively support a customer first culture within the clinic by greeting, assisting and treating every pet and pet parent as priority,
- manage customer enquiries successfully, avoiding any customer dissatisfaction,
- continually update knowledge and promote continuous education among the team of products, practices and pet care services to maintain the confidence of customers and optimise repeat business,
- onboard new team members and maintain the knowledge of the team's understanding and application of OurVet programs and protocols, including Vet Tech Manual, Kitten Adoption Program and Complete Care Program,
- uphold our industry and clinical compliance obligations in the daily operations within the clinic,
- support team rostering, stock ordering and inventory management,
- support the Lead Vet in assisting the vet nurse team fulfill career and organisational goals by monitoring work and progress, and
- oversee the student and clinical placement programs for the clinic.
We are seeking the following experience and qualities:
- experience as a senior vet nurse who has previously support the development of nurse teams and the running of a clinic,
- customer focus orientation in the management of internal and external customers,
- a purposeful communicator who can convey and capture information in a clear manner, while respectful of the views of others for effective collaboration,
- professional resilience in being able to deliver in a dynamic environment and manage competing demands with clarity and confidence, and
- an ability to anticipate and balance stakeholders needs and keep all on track in organised manner to achieve key business objectives
This is a highly desirable role within a high performing team & clinic. Apply now!
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Agencies are not invited to present candidates.