- Above Award Salary & Employee Benefits
- NEW OurVet Richmond - only 18 km from Melbourne CBD
- Enjoy a roster that supports work life balance (No on-call or after hours)
- Be supported by an experienced Lead Vet & manage diverse cases
- Comprehensive onboarding & learning program to set you up at each stage of your career
We are OurVet.
We are a small animals GP clinic network with 28 locations across Australia. We are committed to supporting the health & happiness of pets & their pet parents to have the best life possible.
We opened the OurVet Richmond clinic last year and with the great reputation and capability of our Lead Vet, we are growing and in need of a supporting Associate Vet.
What our Vets value.
Our Vets truly value the importance of GP practice as it provides them opportunity to:
- Maintain continuity of care, remaining involved in how procedures, surgeries and treatment plans are progressing,
- Perform diverse surgeries and procedures presented on any given day, including exotic animals (it is not just routine castrates & spays),
- Work up different cases that requires current medical and diagnostic knowledge,
- Establish meaningful and long - term relationships with pets and their pet parents throughout different stages of life,
- Educate pet parents on preventative medicine and its benefits for the health & wellness of pets,
- Have access to inhouse labs and diagnostic equipment to support the efficiency of preparing treatment plans,
- Access different skills and experience across the network to collaborate with and draw on in different cases, and
- Rely on established clinical protocols and practices to guide the delivery of best practice.
What we value.
At OurVet we value Vets that bring:
- a drive to grow their medical knowledge and surgical skills,
- an ability to perform procedures & surgeries and seeking to develop these further,
- a communication style that instils trust and fosters long - relationships with others,
- clarity and confidence in busy and challenging times viewing all opportunities as learnings in refining your approach,
- diligence and take pride in their work,
- a collaborative approach, supporting others in a positive and encouraging way.
We want you to be happy & healthy.
We are just as committed to the health & happiness of our people, as we are to the pets and pet families we care for. We strive to achieve this by offering our teams with:
- opportunity to achieve and grow through personalised learning & mentorship,
- a comprehensive onboarding program,
- extensive online learning modules that demonstrate core surgeries & best practice,
- access to specialists in the field,
- a career pathway to progress your veterinary skills and leadership opportunities,
- a positive & fun workplace where everyone is respected and valued,
- work - life balance - with no on-call or overtime and Saturdays rostered across the team,
- great employee benefits & discounts for the health of your companion pet, and
- 24/7 EAP support available to all employees.
Meet your future Regional Manager - Dr Emma Christie.
For more information, contact our Talent Manager Theresa Galea, via email@example.com or 0452 237 470.
All applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Agencies are not required to present candidates.