- Salary $70,000 package (commensurate to experience)
- Permanent Full Time - Associate Vet at OurVet Mornington
- Be supported by an experienced Lead Vet & manage diverse cases
- Comprehensive onboarding & learning program to set you up at each stage of your career
We are a small animals GP clinic network with 28 locations across Australia. We are committed to supporting the health & happiness of pets & their pet parents to ensure both have the best life possible.
Despite the many challenges we have faced in 2020, we have remained unwavering in finding ways to continue to provide essential health services for pets and pet parents in a way that is safe and convenient.
We have been so successful that we are seeking an Associate Vet to join OurVet Mornington, one of our busiest clinics in the network. You will be supported by a Lead Vet with over 18 years' in the profession and experience to manage just about any case that walks through the door, fellow Associate Vets and a proactive team of nurses.
About your future role.
Our Vets play an invaluable role to the success of the team and clinic by:
- ensuring the timely and diligent provision of veterinary services and support to fulfill our mission of creating a happy & healthy life for pet and pet parents,
- performing clinical procedures and surgeries as scheduled from routine spays and castrations through to more advanced soft tissue surgeries as supported by the Lead Vet & Regional Manager,
- providing ancillary services and examination in the work up of cases using our inhouse IDEXX lab and diagnostic equipment,
- providing pet parents with treatment options and plans for the improvement of the pet's health including educating them on the various products and regular visits promoting a preventative medicine,
- upholding the OurVet Standards of care & excellence to each case is managed in the interest of best practice,
- upholding a customer first experience in all communications and take active steps to ensure information and advice offered to customers is accurate and up to date,
- upholding all safety standards of care and providing the Lead Vet with recommendations as required to continue to meet our company and industry obligations,
- championing the placement program for vet and vet nurse students and providing guidance during their time with us,
- encouraging the exchange of ideas, resources and know-how across the team, recognising the value that different perspectives bring, and
- building constructive relationships with suppliers, service providers and visitors in line with our values.
As a Veterinarian you bring:
- a minimum of two years' experience within a similar small animals GP practice,
- surgical skills to perform routine spays and castrates and the potential to progress your skills further,
- a communication style that instils trust and fosters long - relationships with others,
- resilience - as you maintain clarity and confidence in busy and challenging times viewing all opportunities as learnings in refining your approach,
- diligence in the pride you take in your work and the continuous pursuit to build your knowledge and skills to provide the best care possible in every situation, and
- a collaborator, who works alongside others in a positive and encouraging way that brings about happiness and fulfillment for all.
We are about health & happiness.
It is our mission to ensure that our people are just as healthy and happy as the pets and pet parents we care for. We achieve this by offering our teams with:
- opportunity to achieve and grow through personalised learning & mentorship,
- a comprehensive onboarding program,
- extensive online learning modules that demonstrate core surgeries & best practice,
- access to specialists in the field,
- a career pathway for you to progress your veterinary skills and leadership opportunities,
- a positive & fun workplace where everyone is respected and valued,
- work - life balance - with no on-call or overtime and Saturdays rostered across the team,
- great employee benefits & discounts for the health of your companion pet, and
- EAP support available to all employees.
For more information contact our National Talent Manager, Theresa Galea on 0452 237 470 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.