- Permanent Associate Vet for OurVet Preston - ‘2019 OurVet Clinic of the Year'
- We support our teams to advance their careers doing what they love
- Above award salary, extensive employee benefits, comprehensive onboarding & continuous CPD
We are a small animals GP clinic network with 28 locations across Australia. We are committed to supporting the health & happiness of pets & their pet parents to ensure both have the best life possible.
You will be the third Associate Vet for this clinic, being supported by a Lead and Associate Vet and team of 5 nurses. You will be surrounded by one of the most skilled and highest performing teams in the network. A team in every sense of the word, who share pride in supporting the pets, pet parents and each other in delivering the highest standard of emergency and GP pet care. The entire team show diligence in what they do and who they are, taking every opportunity to learn, grow and improve.
Scope of your contributions
As an Associate Vet, you are invaluable support to the vet team and clinic by:
- ensuring the timely and diligent provision of veterinary services and support to fulfill our mission of creating a happy & healthy life for pet and pet parents,
- perform clinical procedures and surgeries & provide ancillary services (including any examination & diagnosis, pathological testing, procedures and surgeries, prescription & administration of medication) in compliance with the OurVet Standards of care & excellence, Standard Operating Procedures, controls and clinical protocols for best practice,
- uphold a customer first experience in all communications and take active steps to ensure information and advice offered to customers is accurate and up to date,
- upholding all safety standards of care and providing the Lead Vet with recommendations as required to continue to meet our company and industry obligations,
- championing the placement program for vet and vet nurse students and providing guidance during their time with us,
- encouraging the exchange of ideas, resources and know-how across the team, recognising the value that different perspectives bring, and
- building constructive relationships with suppliers, service providers and visitors in line with our values.
What you bring
As an Associate Vet you are regarded for being:
- A purposeful communicator, someone can skilfully adapt style of communication to suit diverse audiences in different settings,
- Resilient, being able to maintain clarity and confidence in busy and challenging times viewing all opportunities as learnings in refining our approach,
- Diligent, taking pride in your work and seeking to upskill yourself to continually provide the best care possible in every situation,
- A one team collaborator, working with others in a positive and encouraging way that brings about happiness and fulfillment for all
A happy & healthy team
It is our mission to ensure that our people are happy and healthy too.
Happy by offering:
- help to achieve and grow through personalised learning & development,
- continuous education on the job and comprehensive online learning platform,
- access to specialists in the field, and
- a career pathway for you to progress and leadership training for those interested.
Healthy by offering:
- a positive & fun workplace where everyone is respected and valued,
- work - life balance, with an even share of days and hours among the team,
- great employee benefits & discounts for the health of your companion pet. and
- EAP support available as required.
This role will provide you career - defining highlights, apply now!!:
For more information, contact our Talent Manager Theresa Galea, via email@example.com or 0452 237 470.
All applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Agencies are not require