- Permanent Vet Nurse - 75 hours per fortnight
- Join 'OurVet Preston - Clinic of the Year 2019'
- We support you to achieve and do what you love to do
We are a small animals GP clinic network with 28 locations across Australia. We are committed to supporting the health & happiness of pets & their pet parents to ensure both have the best life possible.
During these challenging times, we have upheld this commitment by continuing to provide essential gealth services in a way that is safe to them and our people.
We have done so successfully and due to these increasing numbers, we are seeking a vet nurse for our growing clinic at OurVet Preston, the OurVet Clinic of the Year 2019. .
One of the busiest clinics in the network - with three skilled vets and a great team of nurses this clinic is highly sought after by the community. To ensure we can keep up with these demands, we are seeking a super keen nurse to join this high performing team.
Scope of your contributions
Our vet nurses are invaluable to our clinics, a constant source of care and support to pets, pet parents, and the clinic team. Joining our nurse team, you will have experience in:
- A customer first approach that brings comfort & assurance to pet parents from the admission to discharge of pets,
- Making bookings and can proactively attend to any enquiries from pet parents,
- Monitoring anaesthetics and vital signs during routine surgery,
- Animal handling and help with pathology and imaging to assist vets work up cases,
- Being resourceful and seeking to educate & inform pet parents in the interest of promoting preventative medicine, including dietary information,
- Assisting in dental procedures and consultations,
- Upholding best practice and high standards of care to ensure the safety and health
What you bring
As a vet nurse you are known for being:
- A purposeful communicator, someone who can skilfully adapt their style of communication to suit diverse audiences in different settings,
- Resilient, able to maintain clarity and confidence in busy and challenging times viewing all opportunities as learnings in refining our approach,
- Diligent, taking pride in your work and seeking to upskill yourself to continually provide the best care possible in every situation,
- A one team collaborator, working with others in a positive and encouraging way that brings about happiness and fulfillment for all
A happy & healthy team
It is our mission to ensure that our people are happy and healthy too.
To ensure 'happiness' we:
- help you to achieve and grow through personalised learning & development,
- offer continuous education on the job and comprehensive online learning platform
- provide access to specialists in the field, such as Hills nights
- have a career pathway for you to progress your nursing career.
To ensure 'health' we offer:
- a positive & fun workplace where everyone is respected and valued,
- work - life balance, with an even share of days and hours among the team,
- great employee benefits & discounts for the health of your companion pet. and
- EAP support available as required.
If this is the opportunity you have been after, then apply without delay.
For more information, contact our Talent Manager Theresa Galea, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0452 237 470.
All applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Agencies are not required to present candidates.