- Salary range up to $110,000 base (commensurate to experience) PLUS generous bonus program, CE, employee benefits
- Situated in scenic Tweed Heads
- Standard business hours that support work life balance (no on-call or after hours)
- Values' - driven and family - centric culture
We are Our Vet.
We are an organisation of pet care professionals with a mission to ensure every pet has a healthy and happy life. Our award - winning health & wellness range, highly successful Complete Care™ program promoting preventative medicine and adoption of over 7,000 rescue kittens to families across Australia in the last year are only a few examples of our dedication. We have embarked on another milestone year in our history, with recent store openings in Victoria and acquisition of My Pet Warehouse increasing our national presence across Australia.
Lead and shape growth.
We are seeking a Lead Vet who has been aspiring for such a unique position. A role that will empower them to manage their own clinic, make a real difference to the lives of pet families and manage and mentor your own team of nurses and vets.
At the heart of all things Our Vet is a priority to meet the medical needs of a pet through efficient diagnosis and careful delivery of treatment. In this pursuit, we strive to ensure Lead Vets are set up for success with access to our standard operating procedures, access to a comprehensive continuous education and professional development workshops, a collegiate network of medical professionals and support of a Regional Manager with over 25 years of veterinary experience. You are encouraged to request further surgical and medical equipment based on your interest & experience.
Within this key leadership role, you will establish a presence in the local community as an experienced medical practitioner who is supported by a professional, diligent and engaging team. Our Lead Vets manage the clinic to their signature strengths and style.
These strengths are demonstrable in all interactions with others. During consultation, you forge meaningful relationships that instil trust and credibility with pet parents seeking counsel on the best course of action in the welfare of their pet. Your delivery is predicated on an honest, measured and empathetic approach. One that is equally valued by your team as you invest in explaining the "why" behind activities to help build their confidence in fulfilling their role more skilfully.
Based in a small animal and exotics general practice clinic within our Best Friends Pet Centre presents you with a range of the routine through to most fascinating of cases on any given day. Surgically you have experience in many routine procedures & surgeries commonly presented within a clinical environment, including speys, castrates, dental checks and are inclined to advancing yourself in soft tissue and orthopaedic surgeries. Additionally, you are assured in knowing that a highly skilled Regional Manager with extensive veterinary experience and collegiate network of peers, are at your assistance to aid surgery or act as a sounding board for the more challenging cases.
Our Regional Managers and CEO also share their vast knowledge in the successful management of a veterinary clinic. While we are not a corporatised kpi's driven organisation, we reinforce our Lead Vets education on how to develop a high performing culture, upskilling team capability, understanding profit & loss statements and gleaning insights from business reports to generate clinic growth.
We have covered numerous benefits of assuming this bespoke opportunity. Further to this, we offer Lead Vets:
- Leadership Development opportunities that see you expand your business acumen, ability to mentor and coach your teams and gain varied and interesting medical, surgical and emergency caseload
- Rewards & Recognition with an industry leading salary, incentives for recruitment of vets, rewards and bonus schemes with continuous education allowances plus services and products discounts in the clinic and broader Best Friends store
- A Health & Wellness focus for our people as well as our clients, with access to an Employee Assistance Program
- In the interest of promoting work - life balance, you will not be required to do overtime or be on-call.
Be part of our future. Apply now.
Applicants are required to have the right to work within Australia.