- Permanent Vet Nurse for OurVet Richmond
- New clinic & highly supportive Lead Vet
- Available start available - 75 hours per fortnight (permanent)
- We support you to achieve and do what you love to do
We are a small animals GP clinic network with 28 locations across Australia. We are committed to supporting the health & happiness of pets & their pet parents to ensure both have the best life possible.
During these challenging times, we have upheld this commitment by continuing to provide essential health services in a way that is safe to them and to our people.
Scope of your contributions
Our vet nurses are invaluable to our clinics, a constant source of care and support to pets, pet parents, and the clinic team. Joining our nurse team, you will have experience in:
- Providing comfort & assurance to pet parents from the admission to discharge of pets,
- Make bookings, triage patients and attend to any enquiries from pet parents,
- Monitoring anaesthetics and vital signs during surgery,
- Support taking samples and running pathology tests using inhouse laboratory (IDEXX) equipment,
- Help in handling pets and positioning them for x-rays,
- Educating pet parents in the interest of promoting preventative medicine, including dietary information,
- Assisting in dental procedures and consultations,
- Upholding best practice and high standards of care to ensure the safety and health
What you bring
As a vet nurse you are known for being:
- A purposeful communicator, someone can skilfully adapt style of communication to suit diverse audiences in different settings,
- Resilient, able to maintain clarity and confidence in busy and challenging times viewing all opportunities as learnings in refining our approach,
- Diligent, taking pride in your work and seeking to upskill yourself to continually provide the best care possible in every situation,
- A one team collaborator, working with others in a positive and encouraging way that brings about happiness and fulfillment for all
A happy & healthy team
It is our mission to ensure that our people are happy and healthy too.
Happy by offering:
- support in personalised learning & development through an experienced Lead Vet
- Continuous education on the job and comprehensive online learning platform
- access to specialists in the field, such as Hills nights
- a career pathway for you to progress
Healthy by offering:
- a positive & fun workplace where everyone is respected and valued,
- work - life balance, with an even share of days and hours among the team
- EAP support available as required
For more information, contact our Talent Manager Theresa Galea, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0452 237 470.
All applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Agencies are not required to present candidates.