- Associate Vet 12 - month maternity opportunity - ideal for graduate or recently graduated vet
- OurVet Moorabbin location
- Join a professional team that are dedicated to happy & healthier pets
- Be part of an organisation known for its support
The Associate Vet opportunity
We are delighted to announce that our OurVet clinic in Moorabbin. We have both a 12 - month maternity relief within this well - regarded team of professionals.
Whether you are recently graduated from Veterinary Medicine or have had a similar role and looking for a new challenge, this maternity relief position has something for you.
Let us introduce OurVet and our supportive team.
We are an organisation of pet care professionals with a mission to ensure every pet has a healthy and happier life. Our award - winning health & wellness range, highly successful Complete Care™ program promoting preventative medicine and adoption of 7,000 rescue kittens to families across Australia in the last year are only a few examples of this dedication. Our Kawana Lead Vet and team are the epitome of what we are about.
Breadth and depth of practice
Our clinics thrive on the breadth and depth of GP practice and emergency cases that keep each day interesting and fulfilling for our veterinary teams. Based within our Best Friends store, means that you will have further opportunity to be exposed to exotics beyond our steady client base and small animals' practice within the community including pocket pets.
Your day will be actively involved in pet owner consultations, daily operations and procedures of a varied nature and ownership of work ups through the use of our inhouse laboratory.
Focussed on preventative medicine, the team actively support pet owners and refer them to the many benefits available to them based within our Best Friends Pet SuperCentre - opportunities available to in skin and coat care within our grooming salons, access to prescription medication, foods and parasite control as well as the day to day necessities with an expert team all within one convenient location.
Benefits of being part of OurVet.
Vets are actively seeking opportunities with OurVet for our:
- Reputation to support our teams - we go to great lengths to ensure our people are inducted into the business with a comprehensive program that extends over 8 weeks and are not "thrown in the deep end"
- Work - life balance. Our clinics operate within standard business hours, so there is no requirement to work after hours or on call. Weekends are on a rotational roster basis and spread evenly across the team.
- Offering of breadth and depth of GP and emergency cases - providing you autonomy to manage diverse GP and emergency cases end to end, helping you build your knowledge as you see cases and surgeries through.
- Expansive clinical resources and procedures that enable you to hone your skills within a modern clinic with high standards of care.
- Professional development that supports your individual career pathways and an extensive library of certified continuous education.
- A network of internal and external vet professionals to help round out your knowledge on any subject and facet of veterinary practice, including opportunities to attend industry events
The benefits are bountiful, but above all, we invest in our people and set our vets up for a fulfilling life within the profession.