- Our Vet Springvale - brand new clinic within new store
- Career - defining opportunity for a Vet
- Tailored development and mentoring
- Supportive environment with a family spirit
Since graduating from Veterinary Medicine, a couple of years ago, you have been actively honing your skills as a qualified vet. You are now prepared to take your career to the next level, but before launching you are carefully considering what that opportunity should offer. On your list are some of the following: a business that values work - life balance (meaning no on-call), a mentor that supports my learning and professional pursuits, a clinic that is committed to delivering the highest standard of care, experience within the whole breadth of GP practice including advanced surgeries, and an extensive network of colleagues with diverse expertise and skills to call upon.
If we have described your next pursuits, then consider this opportunity with earnest.
Each day will bring something new.
Being part of a brand new clinic three - vet team and busy clinic, you will gain experience and exposure in the fundamentals of small animal GP practice, with additional opportunity to practice with exotics (including birds, aquatics, reptiles and "pocket pets"). Your day to day learnings will cover consultations, diagnostics, standard procedures and checks (dental, vaccinations), surgeries and general preventative medicine across a diverse caseload. In a clinical setting, you will rely on your knowledge and resources to diagnose the condition and consider the best option available.
Our consultations are collaborative, we care about our pets and their families and take time to listen with empathy to their needs and make the appropriate course of action for the betterment of the pet's wellness.
Further to the routine surgeries and procedures, working within the Best Friends and Our Vet environment affords you the unique opportunity to manage a diverse caseload. We prefer to retain the advanced surgeries inhouse by providing access to senior Vets within the network and external specialists to attend and support with the end to end management of the case. This helps our vets see the entire case through, whilst aiding their development.
You will feel a sense of fulfillment as you witness the difference you are making in the welfare of these pets and the impact on their devoted families, the clinical challenges you resolve and seeing yourself progress to a vet who's repeatedly asked for by name.
The benefits of being our new Vet.
- Building on your foundation with Our Vet, will provide you with breadth of experience and insight on which to manage complex and diverse cases end to end.
- Be with an organisation known for support. We go to great lengths to ensure our people are inducted into the business with a comprehensive program that extends over 8 weeks and are not "thrown in the deep end".
- Benefit from expanding clinical resources and procedures that enable you to hone your skills within a modern clinic with high standards of care.
- Gain developmental opportunities designed to support your individual career pathways.
- Access to an extensive library of certified continuous education modules and network of internal and external vet professionals to help round out your knowledge on any subject and facet of veterinary practice.
- Invitation to industry events, conferences and workshops.
- Work - life balance. Our clinics operate within standard business hours, so there is no requirement to work after hours or on call. Weekends are on a rotational roster basis and spread evenly across the team.
- As a member of Best Friends, you and our customers benefit from an extensive range of products and services that benefit the health and wellness of your pets, including the latest in pet care products, pre - puppy school and animal behaviour, grooming and skin/coat care.
The benefits and opportunities are bountiful, but above all, we invest in our people and set Our Vets up for a fulfilling life within the profession.