- Unique career - defining opportunity
- Competitive salary and generous company benefits
- Supportive culture that promotes work - life balance
The success of the Our Vet Melton Clinic is largely due to the tireless efforts of the vet and nurse team, including clinic coordinator. The team of vets and nurses have collectively led to the outstanding reputation in pet care and veterinary excellence. Our Lead Vet is a widely regarded leader within the network and has created a culture and clinic described by many as just the best place to be. Ask any one of the vet students who have completed clinical placement, the many customers that have been cared for and the team that love working there every day. With recent growth, we have a great opportunity for an Associate Vet to join this team.
Each day will bring something new.
Whether a recent graduate or vet with some years' of experience this clinic will offer you invaluable insights and experience in the fundamentals of small animal GP practice, with additional opportunity to treat local exotics (including birds, aquatics, reptiles and "pocket pets").
With each day you will hone your skill in managing consultations, diagnosing conditions and formulating suitable treatment plans, conducting regular procedures and checks (from standard dentals to extractions, vaccinations and microchipping) through to diverse surgeries, all whilst providing suitable options in the interest of preventative medicine.
Across a diverse caseload, within this clinical setting, you will rely on your knowledge and resources to diagnose the condition and consider the best option available. You will consult pet parents, listening and empathising with their unique circumstances and collaboratively deciding on appropriate treatment plans.
In a surgical capacity, you will begin with base surgeries and procedures as you skilfully evolve them to intricate cruciate and soft tissue surgeries. You will feel a sense of fulfillment as you witness the difference you are making in the welfare of these pets and the impact on their devoted families, the clinical challenges you resolve and seeing yourself progress to a vet who's repeatedly asked for by name.
The benefits of being a Vet with us.
- Get your career off to a great start, as you benefit from breadth of experience and insight on which to manage complex and diverse cases end to end.
- Be with an organisation known for support. We go to great lengths to ensure our people are inducted into the business with a comprehensive program that extends over 8 weeks and are not "thrown in the deep end".
- Benefit from expanding clinical resources and procedures that enable you to hone your skills within a modern clinic with high standards of care.
- Gain developmental opportunities designed to support your individual career pathways.
- Access to an extensive library of certified continuous education modules and network of internal and external vet professionals to help round out your knowledge on any subject and facet of veterinary practice.
- Invitation to industry events, conferences and workshops.
- Work - life balance. Our clinics operate within standard business hours, so there is no requirement to work after hours or on call. Weekends are on a rotational roster basis and spread evenly across the team.
- As a member of Best Friends, you and our customers benefit from an extensive range of products and services that benefit the health and wellness of your pets, including the latest in pet care products, pre - puppy school and animal behaviour, grooming and skin/coat care.
The time is now to join a team with an impeccable reputation in veterinary care, but above all else, join a company that sets you up for a fulfilling life within the profession.