- Unique career defining opportunity with supportive team
- Tailored development and mentoring
- Graduate Vets are welcome to apply
Over the last 10 years we have operated an extensive network of general small animal (and exotics) practices across the country with the total wellbeing of our community's pets firmly in mind. Our successful Complete Care™ and award - winning Health & Wellness range are a couple of our many initiatives demonstrating our commitment to uphold preventative medicine benefits and have pets live long, healthy lives with their families.
As we continue to embark on our journey of growth, we have an unwavering commitment to stay true to our values and ethos that have distinguished Our Vet over the years. We now also have an opportunity for a talented Associate Vet to join our warm and engaging team at Thomastown.
Each day will bring something new.
Whether a recent graduate or vet with some years' of experience this clinic will offer you invaluable insights and experience in the fundamentals of small animal GP practice, with additional opportunity to treat local exotics (including birds, aquatics, reptiles and "pocket pets").
With each day you will hone your skill in managing consultations, diagnosing conditions and formulating suitable treatment plans, conducting regular procedures and checks (from standard dentals to extractions, vaccinations and microchipping) through to diverse surgeries, all whilst providing suitable options in the interest of preventative medicine.
Across a diverse caseload, within this clinical setting, you will rely on your knowledge and resources to diagnose the condition and consider the best option available. You will consult pet parents, listening and empathising with their unique circumstances and collaboratively deciding on appropriate treatment plans.
In a surgical capacity, you will begin with base surgeries and procedures as you skilfully evolve them to intricate cruciate and soft tissue surgeries. You will feel a sense of fulfillment as you witness the difference you are making in the welfare of these pets and the impact on their devoted families, the clinical challenges you resolve and seeing yourself progress to a vet who's repeatedly asked for by name.
The benefits of being a Vet with us.
- Get your career off to a great start, as you benefit from breadth of experience and insight on which to manage complex and diverse cases end to end.
- Be with an organisation known for support. We go to great lengths to ensure our people are inducted into the business with a comprehensive program that extends over 8 weeks and are not "thrown in the deep end".
- Benefit from expanding clinical resources and procedures that enable you to hone your skills within a modern clinic with high standards of care.
- Gain developmental opportunities designed to support your individual career pathways.
- Access to an extensive library of certified continuous education modules and network of internal and external vet professionals to help round out your knowledge on any subject and facet of veterinary practice.
- Invitation to industry events, conferences and workshops.
- Work - life balance. Our clinics operate within standard business hours, so there is no requirement to work after hours or on call. Weekends are on a rotational roster basis and spread evenly across the team.
- As a member of Best Friends, you and our customers benefit from an extensive range of products and services that benefit the health and wellness of your pets, including the latest in pet care products, pre - puppy school and animal behaviour, grooming and skin/coat care.
The time is now to join a team with an impeccable reputation in veterinary care, but above all else, join a company that sets you up for a fulfilling life within the profession.Apply now.