- Manage a high - profile clinic based below the Our Vet Support Centre
- Collaborate with our Executives to develop & implement training & business initiatives
- Join a team of professionals committed to a Complete Care™ approach
- Supportive environment with a values' - driven and family - centric culture
Over the last 10 years we have operated an extensive network of general small animal (and exotics) practices across the country with the total wellbeing of our community's pets firmly in mind. Our successful Complete Care™ and award - winning Health & Wellness range are a couple of our many initiatives demonstrating our commitment to uphold preventative medicine benefits and have pets live long, healthy lives with their families.
This holistic approach to veterinary care is complemented by our unique positioning within the Best Friends Pet Supercentre, where customers have access to grooming services, premium products and the latest in pet care essentials in one convenient location.
As we continue to embark on our journey of growth, we have an unwavering commitment to stay true to our values and commitments that have distinguished Our Vet over the years.
Lead and shape growth and learning within Our Vet.
Within our clinics we provide our clients with the whole breadth of GP services, from general consultations, full range of in - house diagnostics, routine procedures (including micro - chipping), customary speys, castrates through to more complex surgery. As Lead Vet, you will provide extensive support to our regular pet families and continue to grow our clinics service offering. As a seasoned vet, you will upskill your nurse team to conduct independent consultations and advance the skills of the associate vet to progress their competence and confidence.
Within this unique role, you will support our clinics across the network with their operations, complex clinical cases and surgeries, and the development of their teams. You will identify and contribute to business initiatives that will continue to drive the business and the team forward in skill and experience within their individual role.
Over the span of your career you have practised as a Lead Vet or held a senior vet position and understand the challenges involved in managing a thriving clinic. Experienced in people management, you competently navigate situations and adapt your style of communication to achieve the intended outcome. You face challenges with confidence and clarity, ensuring despite the busier times our high standards of care are upheld by all. You engage others with professionalism and understanding, creating a working relationship built on credibility and trust.
The benefits of this opportunity.
This high - profile role will provide you access with the executive teams and departments within support centre and the opportunity to partner with them in identifying, developing and implementing future practices and policies that drive culture, performance and skills across the network.
This opportunity will also offer additional benefits that include:
- Learning & Development opportunities that see you expand your business acumen, ability to mentor and coach your teams and gain varied and interesting medical, surgical and emergency caseload
- A Supportive Network with a hands-on induction program focused around clinical, leadership and business with regular senior vet conferences
- Career Development in mentoring and coaching for team clinical and leadership growth with the ability to influence through clinic management
- Rewards and Recognition with an industry leading salary, incentives for recruitment of vets, rewards and bonus schemes with continuous education allowances plus services and products discounts in the clinic and broader Best Friends store
- A Health & Wellness focus for our people as well as our clients, with access to an Employee Assistance Program
- In the interest of promoting work - life balance, you will not be required to do overtime.
The interviewing process has commenced, so apply for this rare opportunity without delay at https://ourvetcareers.com.au/Vacancies/3833069/title/Lead-Vet.
For further information contact our Talent Manager, Theresa Galea, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0452 237 470.